Le Thiers® steak knife by Thomas Bastide : original knives
Thomas Bastide was born in 1954 in Biarritz (France). He lives and grows up in Paris. He studies at the Graduate School of Graphic Arts (Penninghen) and he is moving towards the industrial design at the School of Applied Arts and Artistic Careers.
Designer for Baccarat since 1981, he also works with other luxury brands: Hennessy, Christofle, Ercuis, Odiot, Hermès, etc.
Thomas Bastide has created two range of original steak knives Le Thiers® by Claude Dozorme.
Thomas Bastide has created “L’Âme” et le “Shadow“, two beautiful creations, atypical and modern. The handle is made with “bakelite“. It is a noble material, and it’s dishwasher safe.
Find out the most beautiful creations of steak knives by Thomas Bastide for Claude Dozorme
Blades are made with X50CrMoV15 steel, a very high quality steel. Knives cut very well and it’s easy to resharpen.
- The name “l’Âme” is a french word game. The name of the knife echoes the blade. In fact, in French, “l’Âme” et “la lame” (“la lame” means “the blade”), it’s the same sound. This knife has a handle on one side. This steak knife shows the blade of the knife along the handle.
- The “Shadow” knife has a asymmetric handle. The handle is bigger on one side, so this knife is very good to take in hand, he is very ergonomic. Colors around the handle can be different.
Advantages of “Le Thiers®” by Thomas Bastide steak knives :
- 100% made in France
- Shiny or mat stainless blade
- Model signed by a leading designer on the back of the blade
- Extremly comfortable ambidextrous handling, fixed with tork screws
- The blade does not touch the tablecloth
- Possibility of laser marking personnalization
- Very high quality steel : X50CrMoV15
- Smooth cutting and very precise sharpening which makes it easy to resharpen
- Razor sharp
|Crème – Noir|
|Noir – Crème|
|Crème – Rouge|
|Noir – Noir|