Champagne saber : How to crack open champagne
Champagne is a drink for every occasion ! To crack open champagne, nothing beats a champagne saber Claude Dozorme.
Loved the world over for its light, sparkling bubbles, its elegance and its unique taste, it is the standard bearer for the image of France. The service and opening of a bottle of champagne has its ritual. The most emblematic ritual of these is still the sabering of the neck of the bottle, a ritual much loved by Napoleon. For this, we use the traditional champagne saber. Indeed, during the time of the Empire, the fashion was to celebrate a victory by slicing off the neck of the bottle with a saber.
To perpetuate this centuries-old tradition, the Claude Dozorme company is reissuing magnificient collections of champagne sabers. Claude Dozorme thus proposes two distinguished and refined ranges:
- One is of very high value with its fine gilded hilt while;
- The other has a sleeker, more contemporary design with a silvered hilt.
The dragon trimmings hark back to the days when the riders of the Napoleonic cavalry wore their arms at the wrist. This is an original and prestigious gift that will provide an elegant accompaniment to all grand events.
Claude Dozorme makes his champagne swords in his own workshops. All stages of manufacturing a sword are integrated internally. Thus, each Claude Dozorme champagne saber is guaranteed 100% French, made in a traditional way and in the respect of the cutlery tradition.
Find out the Champagne saber range
Advantages of the Champagne saber by Claude Dozorme
- 100% made in France
- Delivered with a hand strap
- Delivered with a booklet on the art of cracking open a botlle of Champagne
- The blade is not sharp-edged
- Possibility of personalising the blade with laser engraving
- Blade : top-of-the-range X50CrMoV15 steel