London steak knife : a steak knife designed for fish needing a sharp clean cut
London steak knife is directly inspired by a pocket knife used by sailors and characterized by a rounded blade shaped like a sheep’s foot. This blade was the only form (round end) allowed on the boats because it allowed to avoid serious injuries due to sharp blades in case of fights between sailors or during heavy swells.
The blade’s steel (X50CrMoV15) is a very high quality steel. Thanks to this steel, the London steak knife cut very well and it’s easy to resharpen.
We have three models for this knife : in acrylic (matt black or cream). These are dishwasher safe. We have also a model with teck handle.
Découvrez la gamme
Advantages of London steak knives :
- 100% made in France
- Length 21cm / Blade 9,5cm
- Knife specially designed to taste fishes typifies monkfish filet, squids requiring a frank and clear cutting
- Knife pointing out the knives of the sailors with its end rounded off in the shape of foot of sheep
- Easy to handle
- X50CrMoV15 steel : excellent cutting performance and easy to resharpen
- Tip of the blade hard but sharp